Tuesday, November 6, 2012
DIY: POLKA-DOT SHOES
• white fabric paint
• black heels (similar found here)
1. Put a little fabric paint on a paper plate and dip the pencil eraser into the paint, just covering the end.
2. Blot any excess paint on the plate and make a few "practice" polka-dots before you begin.
3. Once you've got a feel for it, begin making dots on the shoes. I found it easiest to stick my hand inside the shoe and work from the heel forward. Keep in mind to make the polka-dots evenly spaced and reapply paint as needed to keep them looking uniform.
4. After making a few polka-dots with the pencil eraser, I would go back and use the tip of the fabric paint to clean up the edges or fill in any areas that needed a little touch up.
5. After finishing one shoe, use it as a guide to evenly space polka-dots on the second shoe so they match.
6. Let your shoes dry overnight and you're good to go!
Photos taken by Jessica of SAS + ROSE.
© SAS+ROSE. All rights reserved.