Monday, February 20, 2017
1. Elizabeth Cole Drop Earrings 2. Mia Tassel Fan Earrings 3. Madewell Succulent Earrings 4. J.Crew Tassel Earrings 5. J.Crew Hoop Earrings 6. Seaworthy Sol Earrings 7. Adia Kibur Zoe Tassel Earrings 8. Ban.do Pom Pom Earrings 9. Madewell Mixed Statement Earrings
Inspiration Images: 1 / 2 / 3
Wednesday, February 1, 2017
2 cups thinly sliced Brussel sprouts (approximately 7-8 Brussel sprouts)
2 cups chopped kale
1 cup cooked quinoa (any variety; I used red quinoa)
1/4 cup raw walnuts, chopped
3 TBS raw sunflower seeds
1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/2 large avocado
1/2 cup lowfat buttermilk
2 TBS prepared salsa (any store bought variety is fine)
2 TBS lime juice
1/4 cup water
1 TBS minced shallot
1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1. Mix the sliced Brussel sprouts and chopped kale in a large bowl.
2. Add the remaining salad ingredients and toss.
3. In a blender, mix all the dressing ingredients until smooth and creamy. Add an additional Tablespoon or two of water if the dressing is too thick.
4. Pour approximately half the dressing over the salad and toss to combine. (The salad will keep up to 1 week in the refrigerator.)
5. When ready to serve, distribute into bowls and toss with more dressing as necessary. Garnish with additional pomegranate seeds or nuts as desired.
Monday, December 19, 2016
What You Need:
• Coaster Molds
• Cork Coaster Backs
• Liquid Leaf
• Sand Paper (optional)
• Super Glue
• Paint Brush
1. Mix the concrete according to the manufacturer's instructions.
2. Pour the mixture into the forms and gently shake from side to side to level and remove air bubbles. Smooth the surface with a trowel or similar tool (I used a popsicle stick).
3. Let the concrete set overnight (or approximately 12-24 hours) without moving or handling.
4. Once the cement has completely dried, gently remove the coasters from the molds and sand any rough edges if necessary.
5. Use the liquid gold to add any decorative elements that you wish. I kept things simple and just added a gold edge, but feel free to get creative and add a graphic pattern or design.
6. Once the liquid gold is dry, adhere the cork coaster backs with super glue to the unfinished side of each coaster. This will prevent the coasters from scratching tabletops or any other surfaces.
7. Once the coasters are fully dry, they are ready to be gifted!
Monday, November 21, 2016
With Thanksgiving only days away, there is no shortage of pumpkin-flavored dishes and desserts readily available and I'm not complaining. While I don't care for the popular Starbucks PSL, I am a huge fun of pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, and generally most pumpkin desserts and savory dishes, so there was no hesitation when I saw this recipe for Pumpkin Sweet Rolls. Not only are these rolls quick and easy to make, but they taste like you spent hours in the kitchen, which makes them the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving day breakfast.
Tuesday, August 23, 2016
Along with warmer temperatures and longer days, one of the things I look forward to most every Summer is the abundance of fresh produce that the season brings. From sweet corn to fresh watermelon, ripe tomatoes, strawberries and more, I am convinced that Summer is the most flavorful time of the year. While I have my favorite go-to recipes that I make year after year, I was intrigued when I came across this Chile-Lime Melon Salad and decided to give it a try. Despite being skeptical that you could improve upon the flavor of fresh melon, I was pleasantly surprised how the addition of lime juice and a hint of chili pepper enhanced the fruit's flavor, without being overpowering or too spicy. Refreshingly sweet, with a subtle kick, this fruit salad is a fun twist on a summer classic.
Monday, August 22, 2016
Shop These Items: 1. Kate Spade Flounce Tee 2. The Great Ruffle Tee 3. Ella Moss Desiree Blouse 4. Diane Von Furstenberg Galia Blouse 5. Madewell Pleated Crepe Blouse 6. Anthropologie Cascade Peplum Top 7. Cupcakes and Cashmere Horizon Stripe Top 8. Maven West Bailey Lace Up Peplum 9. Club Monaco Phaedra Top
Monday, May 23, 2016
I first came across the work of photographer Gray Malin a few years ago and instantly fell in love with his aerial beach photography. Not only are his photos beautiful, but they capture coastlines from a vantage point few ever see, transforming beaches into colorful works of art. Each image whisks you away on a mini vacation, so when I heard he was releasing a coffee table book I immediately pre-ordered a copy and I have been paging through it ever since it arrived last week.
While I have no immediate plans for a beach vacation, I decided the next best thing was a sprinkle-rimmed cocktail inspired by this Gray Malin cocktail kit. My favorite poolside drink is a vodka lemonade, so I updated a classic and used pink lemonade, sprinkles and a pink flamingo to dress things up a bit. I don't know about you, but I am fairly certain that every cocktail tastes infinitely better when served with a sprinkled rim and a pink flamingo!
Tip: To help keep your sprinkles in place, rim each glass with a touch of honey before dipping them into a shallow dish of sprinkles.
© SAS+ROSE. All rights reserved.