2 cups thinly sliced Brussel sprouts (approximately 7-8 Brussel sprouts)
2 cups chopped kale
1 cup cooked quinoa (any variety; I used red quinoa)
1/4 cup raw walnuts, chopped
3 TBS raw sunflower seeds
1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/2 large avocado
1/2 cup lowfat buttermilk
2 TBS prepared salsa (any store bought variety is fine)
2 TBS lime juice
1/4 cup water
1 TBS minced shallot
1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1. Mix the sliced Brussel sprouts and chopped kale in a large bowl.
2. Add the remaining salad ingredients and toss.
3. In a blender, mix all the dressing ingredients until smooth and creamy. Add an additional Tablespoon or two of water if the dressing is too thick.
4. Pour approximately half the dressing over the salad and toss to combine. (The salad will keep up to 1 week in the refrigerator.)
5. When ready to serve, distribute into bowls and toss with more dressing as necessary. Garnish with additional pomegranate seeds or nuts as desired.